Thursday, May 14, 2009

Shared Visions

When I first began reading 'Skyhooks for Leadership' by John Shtogren I found myself moving much more slowly through the pages, there was just soooo much information; but after reading a few pages sometimes more than once I realized that it was a lot of good information. The first chapter I read dealt with 'Shared Visions'. There were a few concepts that really stood out to me, the first was that a company's vision can originate from any level, it does not always need to come from the top down. I feel that Bearcast can really relate to this in that we are a group made up of college student. Students that have so many ideas and visions that if take into consideration and put into action have the potential to connect with current listeners and engage new listeners. Officers in the organization need to take a look at some of the ideas, etc that people have and give them a try, they need to move away from what is comfortable, which is a hard thing to do and also seems quite risky but in the end could turn out to be very profitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment